Monday, July 11, 2011

The Seattle Mariners had another 3-ball walk against them yesterday. Wedgie apologized to the team after missing the first one.

Here's what he said after missing the second one in a week.

"I was OK with that," Wedge said. "I figured it worked against us last time, let it work for us this time. ... I was fine with Abreu not being up there 3-1 with the next two guys coming. I felt good about Felix facing those next two guys. I was hoping for a double play, but we got a strikeout and a popup."

He is still The Mentalist.

Meal of Links

OK. I have no idea if "Senna" is here soon. But, come on. I'm there. Wait a minute. Ron Howard is doing a film about the rivalry of James Hunt and Niki Lauda? That is a huge WTF.

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" returned last night. I laughed.

Italy. The new Greece. Only larger.

24 Dance Songs you can't dance to. Including the great Roxy Music tune "Do The Strand" with a much younger Bryan Ferry and a glam Brian Eno. I actually heard "Sally Can't Dance" just last Friday.

Exercise Yard

Rest day in the Tour today. But what was with the French TV car wiping out a couple of riders to avoid hitting a tree. There have been lots of wrecks, thus far.

Poor Johnny Hoogerland went right through the barbed wire fence. He was cut up real good. Finished the stage, but in not-so-good shape.

Tour de France Wreck



Visitor

43 Across: "Sexual Healing" singer Marvin (4 letters) Answer: Gaye

"Inner City Blues"/Marvin Gaye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why was i watching the HR derby last night, seeing cal ripken jr highlights, and then see michael chicklis come out on the field?? wow cal has put on a few lbs. mr. mix

Anonymous said...

Saw the wreck when the car purposely went into the cyclists. Big time ouch=====JMK