Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You can tell CSU has a new Athletic Director, I had been getting calls from my ticket rep a couple months ago about renewal. I was thinking, pump your brakes, dude, as I had been able to renew virtually up to tipoff of the new season. So, I get a letter today and their new renewal date is August 1.

I guess, like most schools, this allows them to sell the non-renewals as season tickets. It seems they also have lopped some heads in the athletic department. The new Senior Associate AD is a woman, so I assume she is being groomed to take over the whole thing eventually. They also have a new SID and The Ticket Guy is also gone.

Meal of Links

Are we witnessing the death of the DVD? Netflix adjusts pricing and divides streaming and DVD rentals.

Are you still reading the newspaper? There are the same number of newspapers in 2011, as there were in 1890.

"Mad Men" reruns on Sunday mornings, from the beginning. Time to catch up.

The most popular e-reader is? The Nook Color? Not Kindle? Mmmm.

I Will Not Be Riding "The Takabisha"



Can you think of a street sign that is constantly stolen? How about Stoner Avenue?

Joe Jackson. I think, at one time, I had memorized the entire "Look Sharp" album. So, "Got the Time" seems appropriate. This is my favorite song of his...

"Right And Wrong"/Joe Jackson



PolitiFact takes on Sarah Palin. And Slim Jims.

Exercise Yard

Michael Irvin champions gay marriage. Another twist in his story.

Visitor

25 Across: "Two Tickets To Paradise" singer (10 letters) Answer: Eddie Money (At the Pickerington Violet Festival in Pickerington on July 30)

Eddie Money Commercial



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The all-time greatest Red Meat .Bug-eyed Earl.I also will not be riding Takabisha=======JMK