Friday, November 19, 2010

I took today off, because I still had over a week of vacation that was untouched. Wouldn't you know it, I wake up and I'm having trouble walking. This is very reminiscent of the time I had plantar fascitis.

That sounds like the dumbest thing you can get. But as someone who has flat feet, it can be a royal pain. So, I'm tryin' to stretch that puppy out and keep moving. And I got my repaired shoe back today, so maybe that will help.

Or alcohol.

Meal of Links

Every now and then, I check the Programming Notices on Time Warner Cable. Mainly so I can complain about what I don't have. But, lookee here, Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus seem to be arriving in HD before the holidays.

Boxing and movies do go together. that's why I'm also anxious about the FX show, "Lights Out" in January.

Home stretch for "Terriers". Here's why it should not get cancelled. It's gonna be a fight to the finish, ratings-wise. For the first time ever, I am joining the crusade and writing FX.

(NSFW) Here is how your Playboy centerfold pics are done. It's a thing called Photoshop. As if you did not know.

Your guide to NFL Concession Stands.

All of Pee-Wee's Secret Words are here. Around, whoo-o-o-o-ooo!

Time for Turkey Day TV Marathons. Highlights: "Phineas and Ferb" on Wednesday. "Man vs. Food" on Thursday seems apt. TBS has "Seinfeld" on Friday, same day as "Hitler's Bodyguard".

Black Friday shopping? How about a free Slurpee? 7-11 is calling it "Purple Friday".

Bizarre entries from the ""2011 Guinness Book". Longest handshake was over 12 hours.

The Mayor of London suggests W. avoid a European book tour. Something about that pesky thing called torture.

Alec Baldwin is doing commercials for Wegmans! Fairly straightforward, too.

The payroll tax holiday sounds like a good idea. But what if it didn't expire after one year. Uh-oh.

It's the latest Pew Research News IQ Quiz. Come on, it's not that tough.

Exercise Yard

Yesterday was a great day for statheads. For King Felix won the AL Cy Young Award.

Visitor

19 Across: Cash in Nashville (6 letters) Answer: Johnny

No comments: