Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I was over at the Capitol last night. They have a pretty good deal on Mondays. You get in for $5. $1 off pop and candy. Plus if you buy popcorn, you get a like-sized pop tossed in for F-R-E-E, that spells free. So, Gale and I met over there to see "Iron Man 2".

It wasn't as good as the first one, but, then again, how could it be. I really like Sam Rockwell, but as head of Hammer Industries, he seemed to be onscreen more than Robert Downey, Jr., who is really good again as Tony Stark. Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts was a waste this time (great cameo though by Bill O'Reilly, who called her a pinhead!). Don Cheadle is on the scene as Rhodey. Scarlett had a big fight scene that was obviously CG'ed, but she's Scarlett, so... Mickey Rourke was a villain who was fascinated by these "electric whips", which must be his trademark, but he was generally underwhelming. I thought when Samuel L. appeared as Nick Fury, it let me know I was actually at a movie I was interested in and he only had a handful of scenes.

Worth it to get a look at that Audi convertible and for Downey and Rockwell. Otherwise, meh.

Meal of Links

I don't have a dog, so I'm always looking for things about dogs that are fascinating. Well, in Greece, there is Kanellos, the protest dog.

California vs. the World.

101 Movies worth watching more than once. I had to go to effin' Photo Number 91 to see if "Robocop" made it.

Doors doc. PBS. Tomorrow.

The Miss USA glam shots. So much for being a scholarship contest. Well done, The Donald, well done.

Forget Gitmo. We have Bagram now to deal with.

Exercise Yard

Leitch writes about a campaign NYC should launch to steal LeBron. I think he stays.

Visitor

47 Across: Germany's von Bismarck (4 letters) Answer: Otto

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad and I saw Iron Man tues am at Crocker Park.Pretty much the same way I felt.Hell I could have played Whiplash.They are setting up The Avengers movie .Did you stay through the credits to see Thor's hammer?--------JMK