Sunday, May 09, 2010

I had to DVR the Cavs game today and it's a good thing I remembered to record the following show in case the game ran past its prescribed time. So, while everyone was watching the agonizing finish, I was preparing to watch the start of the game.

I think it's easy to pinpoint this one. Just a really bad start to the 4th quarter. The Cavs had clawed their way back into the game, but played a fairly pedestrian defense for the first 4 minutes of the last quarter. And then they finally scored their first basket in the quarter with about seven minutes left in the game.

Too bad. The Cavs mainly went seven deep but wasted a supreme effort by Shaq today and they still can't guard Rondo. But they got outrebounded and shot poorly (4 of 21 on threes).

Cavs lose by 10.

Meal of Links

My brother and I decided we were gonna see "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". Thought we'd see it at the Capitol, but had to motor to the Cedar-Lee because of a lack of an early afternoon showing. You know, because of the Cavs. This was a Swedish thriller. Yes, we had to read it. I wasn't sure how to react because there were more than 20 people in the theater.

Kudos to the Swedes, it was a good one. Some rich guy hires a disgraced journalist to solve a family mystery. With the help of the goth chick in the title (who had tats, piercings, and some deep secrets), the mystery deepens. Geez, we had Nazis, a sadistic legal guardian of the tatted girl, great research techniques (spycams, hacking, etc.) and a really good story. Definitely more than an episode of "CSI: Hedestad". The title character has that really intense appeal we haven't seen since, oh, I don't know, Nikita, way back when or maybe Lola more recently. Of course, the American rework is already being discussed.

We also got to see trailers for The Good, The Bad and The Weird" (a 2008 South Korean western), "Looking For Eric" (finally the 2009 Cantona movie arrives, "I am not a man, I am Cantona"), and "Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work" (the new doc). They all looked worthwhile.

Is there a cure for alcoholism? It might be baclofen.

We need one of these around here. The Soda Pop Stop. I mean the dude still sells Jolt.

Exercise Yard

CNN has a list of the Top 20 Sportscasters of All Time. Hard to see any major omissions here.

BTW, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the present-day Indians link to their past, Sandy Alomar. Here is Sandy coaching first base really hard yesterday.

















Visitor

None, on a brisk, sunny Mothers Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see Ebert gave it 4*-JMK