Saturday, March 27, 2010

Well, the Madness is winding down. Four games this weekend and three games next weekend for your Easter weekend viewing pleasure.

My Final Four picks are:

Kansas (OUT)
BYU (OUT)
West Virginia
Duke

Butler is now in the Final Four. Get used to the "Hoosiers" references all week. May as well start here. In any language, it's the same as the baskets in Hickory:

Es muy grande...heh, heh



Meal of Links

During March Madness, you see a ton of the same commercials. In the past, I thought the Southwest Airlines ads about free baggage were neat. You know, "Bags are my life...". But what is with the latest one? Geez, you got a Cheech Marin/Chris Rock-type voice saying, "Take my bag, not my money." I dunno, it just cheapens the whole bit. Now AirTran gets into the act.

Know your hand gestures. Especially overseas.

Really bad fast foods. It took me to Number 9, before there was something I'd actually eaten. And I've never had a P'Zone, I'm glad to say. But there are standards here that are unavoidable at one time or another. like a Big Mac.

Is Seinfeld losing it? I still haven't seen "The Marriage Ref".

Rep. Alan Grayson introduces the public option. Remember, the one that should have been in the bill just passed. Glenn Greenwald has an interview.

Fresh Pots with Dave Grohl



Exercise Yard

Scouting college players during March Madness. Trajan Langdon gets a mention.

Visitor

45 Down: "Doonesbury" hippie (6 letters) Answer: Zonker

No comments: