Saturday, March 20, 2010

I finally got my taxes done today. I can't remember the last time I got zero back from the state, but that's what I got...Zippo! And, of course, when you refi, you lose some of that deduction, but I still get a check back from the feds.

So, overall, not too bad.

But today, I also forgot that my Third Federal branch moved temporarily. That's an odd feeling searching the memory bank for that "Oh, yeah, where did they go?" moment. Then I remembered where they moved. A hint: How about some signage for people who forget what they received in the mail?

And from the department of the unnecessary: National City sent me a new bankcard, which I think is going to be active for exactly three weeks until we get the PNC makeover. That seems like a waste of money.

Meal of Links

I wonder this virtually every time a pizza chain comes out with something new. Is there anything Americans won't eat.

It's amazing what can be done these days. An acne drug renders HIV dormant.

The Saints won the Super Bowl. Now here comes the ticket price increase and others may lose their seats.

Exercise Yard

The Madness continues. I had an even better day yesterday, even after losing 2 of the first three games played, giving me 25 correct after the first round. Nice wins by Georgia Tech and Cal last night.

Everyone needs to pray for the Mormons in the last game tonight. My whole bracket rides on the ability of BYU winning tonight and getting to Salt Lake City next week. The first two games today didn't matter much as I didn't have a dog in either fight. I thought Tennessee would already be gone and I thought Villanova would lose today, but I had Richmond instead of St. Mary's doing that. But Butler came through.





























Today's winners:

Richmond (already done)
San Diego State (already done)
Butler
Kansas (losing at the half...uh-oh)
Baylor
Washington
BYU
Kentucky

Sunday's winners (all still alive):

Syracuse
Ohio State
Maryland
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Pittsburgh
Texas A&M
Duke

Four March Madness articles guaranteed you'll see next week.

Visitor

1 Across: "The West Wing" creator (11 letters) Answer: Aaron Sorkin (another one of those way too easy Saturday puzzles)

No comments: