Sunday, February 28, 2010

While enjoying the start of the snow melt today, a couple of things bugged me. I was at Big Lots (don't ask!) and the woman at the checkout line says, "It looks like it's starting to melt out there." I said, "Yeah, that's a good thing." She replies, "I hear another storm is coming on Tuesday." WTF? I hadn't heard that (personally, I think she's nuts), but why pee on my parade with that "Woe is me!" crapola.

And with that melt, opportunities arise to have your driveway fully removed of snow again. But the plow not only came by this morning, but again this afternoon, defeating all of us who thought we were done once more. This time with the big snow boulders.

The Olympics ended today with an epic hockey game, but I still have not heard a reasonable explanation almost 2 weeks later on the Men's Moguls. Remember, the first Canadian gold was going to go to a woman in their Moguls event. Last one on the hill is an American, who eventually crushed the Canadian celebration, by winning.

The Men's Moguls had a similar setup the next night, if you recall. The Canadian, who had a brother with cerebral palsy or something, is leading with only one more person left. That dude is a Frenchman, who just blasts down the hill, in what they say is the fastest time of all the runs. Surely, Frenchie may not win, but certainly he's gonna medal. Well, his judging goes up and they say he finishes SIXTH! What the hell just happened? Since it was Canada's first gold, the announcers focus on that fact and leave at least one viewer, me, completely flummoxed.

Compounding that mishap, they showed it again tonight on the recap show and I still haven't received an adequate answer.

Meal of Links

US manufacturing is not dead. It just seems that way.

Hey, MSNBC, Nature is not out of control. You shoddy journalists, you.

Do vacations make us happy? I fall into the "Hell, yes!" category. However, it seems the real happiness comes in the planning and and anticipation before the vacation. And, yes, I will post about Kauai. The photos are still in the camera, etc.

Exercise Yard

canada wins at their game.

Visitor

None, on a snow-melting Sunday.

No comments: