Monday, March 01, 2010

I had a strange thing happen today. My neighbor's tree disappeared from their tree lawn. We lost a tree two doors down last year due to wind. I am not sure what happened to this one. I was working from home today and am not clear on when it took place.

I had an oil change early in the morning, so I was back by 9:30 and it was gone. Very little remnants left. Bizarre.

Meal of Links

Polkas in Cleveland. Yes, the Happy Dog is mentioned. BTW, my Dad figured out he doesn't have to eat a hot dog there by channeling Jack Nicholson from "Five Easy Pieces".

"I'd like a hot dog with fried egg and a tomato on a bun. No ketchup, no mustard, nothing else. Now all you have to do is hold the hot dog, bring me the bun with the egg and tomato, give me a check for the hot dog, and you haven't broken any rules."

Leitch on Roger Ebert. Ebert shows up on "Oprah" tomorrow.

Brian Williams leaves Canada a thank-you note. I think I could do without inflatable beavers and God, did I feel bad for Catherine O'Hara last night. But, well done, otherwise.

Exercise Yard

I failed to mention that I received my Browns season ticket package last week. Still debating on what to do, although leaning toward non-renewal. The most hilarious thing is the introduction of the braintrust: Mike Holmgren, Tom Heckert and Eric Mangini.

They list their NFL experience, regular season record, playoff record, playoff berths, division titles, conference titles, Super Bowl appearances and Super Bowl record. Get a load of what they list as the coaching record for Mangini:

Regular Season: 140-116 (.547)
Playoffs: 11-4 (.733)
Playoff Berths; 6
Division Titles: 3
Conference Titles: 3
Super Bowl Appearances: 3
Super Bowl Victories: 3

Below, in the tiniest font you could find, it designates (* Head Coach)and indicates that is 2006-2009. Not even disingenuous, it's laugh out loud funny.

Visitor

33 Across: Jackson 5 brother (4 letters) Answer: Tito

No comments: