Saturday, February 27, 2010

What did we learn today?

Geoff Bodine still makes a mean bobsled. A gold-medal bobsled, BTW.

She sure sounded like a nice lady, but while watching tsunami coverage, I was struck by the irony of a stuttering seismologist on MSNBC.

Remember it's not the first wave of a tsunami, it's the second wave. Or perhaps even the third wave you need to worry about. Or is it the fourth?

I'm not Mr. Foreign Relations, but why does Chile insist they need no help with that massive earthquake? Don't throw out this canard of "everything's under control", while admitting most of your highways and half a million homes suffered major damage. There is a thing called Haiti Fatigue and if you wait a few days to ask for help, sorry, you've missed your chance.

A set of curling stones costs $7,000.

Best sign at curling tonight: "That's gold, Johnny. Gold."

Aaron Ramsey of Arsenal had his leg broken above the ankle on a bad challenge today against Stoke. Even the players were immediately grossed out. I'm not gonna post the pic, but it is described everywhere as a "horrific". Lemme tell ya, it was the old tib-fib. I had that same injury, a bit higher on my right leg, and for me, it was the sound of the break that I'll never forget. Not good when things end up pointing the wrong way. And with his injury more towards the ankle, it was not pretty. They wouldn't even show the replay. Oh, they'll show dead lugers, but not this.

It still sucks when the plow ruins your great job of shoveling.

Meal of Links

Carly Simon says it's David Geffen in "You're So Vain". Wow, why not just carry that one to the grave.

Olympic pictograms. Some of these are pretty lame.

A comeback for Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". Or should I say another comeback. It won't go away.

Dermot Mulroney gets to play Jim Rockford. Can that really be a good thing? Well, if he gets that role, I wanna be Angel Martin.

Rockford's Answering Machine: "Jimmy, old buddy, buddy. It's Angel! You know how they allow you one phone call? Well...this is it."

"Life In Quarantine". I like the bin part at the end.

Another thing I have to fret about. Wheat fungus. Not among us. Yet.

Exercise Yard

I was at the final CSU home game this afternoon (I like how the tsunami was scheduled, so I had plenty of time to kill) and they pulled out a thriller against Wright State. So, we get a home playoff game on Tuesday. CSU wins, 68-63.

Visitor

39 Across: Upset winner at the 1992 Kentucky Derby (7 letters) Answer: Lil E Tee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sidewalk plow did the same for me this AM--------------JMK