Sunday, November 08, 2009

Old habits die hard, I guess. Even though I did not bet this year, I still watched the Breeders Cup. It was at Santa Anita and that means you get to see the Turf Sprint, which kind of has that "over the river and through the woods" vibe going. California Flag took that in a romp.

The highlight for me was picking Vale of York in the Juvenile, which was a nice 31-1 pick. And although Zenyatta and her Girl Power victory over the boys in the Classic was the best story of the day, the announce crew was so over the top during the prerace, I thought they should have just installed a Zenyatta Cam as a feature. Good grief! She has these funny, pawing at the dirt moves with her front hoof and, of course, that led to a "Dancing With The Stars" clip with that Len guy. Terrific close by Zenyatta, though.

That race was also marred by a horrible loading of the horse, Quality Road, into the starting gate. They even said he was a Juvenile Delinquent before the race, but they put the hood on him to load him and then all hell broke loose. Call me silly, but I don't think he liked the hood! He became the first ever gate scratch in the history of the Breeders Cup.

The Best Race In America...the Turf Sprint at Santa Anita



Quality Road says, "Oh, no, you dint!"



Zenyatta Beats The Boys



Meal of Links

Yep, he's my Congressman. Dennis Kucinich votes, once again, with his head. Check out the other Democratic No votes. Many of those Democrats are in districts that McCain carried in 2008 with huge margins.

It's TubeRadio. This sorts through videos on YouTube and you can make your own video playlists. I decided I hadn't heard "Squonk" in a while. And it found it and stored it easily.

Do we really need snoods? Skorts? OK, I guess. Sporks, yes. Snoods? Not so sure.

Exercise Yard

Today was a day I crammed in a lot of stuff. For instance, this morning, I watched Chelsea-Manchester United. I'm glad someone else noticed this besides me. I actually replayed it a few times and laughed each time.

BTW, Chelsea won, One-Nil.

Visitor

None, on what may have been the last great weather Sunday of the year.

No comments: