Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I had to drop off some Browns tickets to Kevin last night, so I got a taste of the pre-concert Springsteen crowd. I am not sure the buzz exists like it used to. When I worked Downtown, it was electric when the guy showed up. Especially for that Stadium concert, absolutely a huge event at the time.

Over time though, I guess everyone gets a little older, more sedate, and he did not sell out the Q. But the show got a rave review.

Meal of Links

The AV Club has started up its Best of the Decade features. So far, it's One-Season TV Wonders, Late Night Comedy/Talk, and TV Movies/Miniseries. Nice props for "Andy Richter Controls The Universe", but no "Knights of Prosperity"?

"Shit My Dad Says" moves from Twitter to TV. "I wanted to see Detroit win. I've been there. It's like God took a shit on a parking lot. They deserve some good news."

A droplet of water reveals the face of Ringo Starr. Don't send him any mail about it, though. Peace and love.

Count Chocula is the most powerful vampire of them all. Why? He has no weaknesses.

Saint Sarah. This guy reads, then writes about, the 4700-word essay on Sarah Palin so you don't have to.

Arby's is one of those fast food places I visit maybe a couple of times a month. But this sums up why they are so low on fast food chain. My issue is they have lots of choices, but most of them are really bad for you. Especially the sandwiches you think might be OK, like the Market Fresh Turkey on Wheat or the Turkey Reuben. And the guy is right, what is memorable to eat there? I think the Chocolate Mint Milk Shake may be the only thing that currently stands out. In addition, their combo prices are exorbitant.

Exercise Yard

Golf balls are destroying the planet. Lost ones, that is. Claims are it takes between 100 to 1,000 years for a golf ball to decompose naturally. I think I've had sandwiches that take that long, too.

Visitor

43 Across: Soccer immortal (4 letters) Answer: Pele

No comments: