Saturday, November 07, 2009

Last night, I was at The Happy Dog. I must say, it was the largest crowd I've seen there since the smoking ban. I know there was an after-party for the Made in the 216 Shoppe, but there were lots of people there.

It was a younger, dare I say hipper, crowd than normal for polkas. But they may have stumbled upon the cheap night out lure with the hot dogs (had mine with sriracha, cheddar, dill pickle and potato chips) and fries or tots. That means more drinking! I had my first Christmas Ale of the year and it was good.

Uh-oh, first ale and now my Christmas list is done. The holiday tidal wave has started.

Meal of Links

The cult of "Hoop Dreams" continues. Roger Ebert writes about the 15th anniversary viewing in Chicago (complete with Siskel & Ebert review). You can see it here, but 3 hours of computer viewing may be a bit much.

John Lithgow talks about his role on "Dexter". I think we are heading into the last 5 weeks on that series. I get a little of my Sundays back after this week with "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Bored to Death" wrapping up.

A Benny Hill stamp was rejected by Royal Mail because of his saucy antics. What a shamockery.

Tom Tancredo throws out some BS on veterans and healthcare and gets owned. Same tired act. I hate it when vets get played like that. Way too many people talking out of their ass, when it comes to veterans affairs, without checking the facts.

There is actually a debate over the shortest sentence using all the letters of the alphabet. The Wiki version just sounds better.

I'm glad someone likes "Robocop" as much as me. I'll watch that anytime, anywhere.

There is no question, I am a Trader Joe's honk. But their Organic Raspberry Fruit Spread is unbelievable. All other brands are now on fail.

Wal-Mart scowls at a hoilday tidal wave. They want a tsunami, so they came up with a Holiday Price War!!! Geez, a Blu-Ray DVD Player for less than $150. That is a very good deal and it's a Sony!

Might as well play it now....

Steely Dan/"Black Friday"



This was absolutely hilarious:

Stewart as Beck (not Rod as Jeff, but Jon as Glenn)



Exercise Yard

This is part of the reason I like "Curb Your Enthusiasm". You never know what you will get. Last week, Larry was debating the merits of Derek Jeter with a stonemason.

Visitor

42 Down: Ace of Base genre (7 letters) Answer: Euro Pop

No comments: