Sunday, September 06, 2009

If it's Labor Day weekend, it must be the Taste of Cleveland. And that means Mr. and Mix are up from Nashville for the Saturday entertainment. This year, that meant Lita Ford.

I'm not sure it was one of the worst concerts I've seen, but lack of familiarity with any of her tunes certainly doesn't help. She's most famous for "Kiss Me Deadly", a song that the Go-Go's could have easily performed. So much for her metal status.

She has a new record coming out, her first in 15 years. So, she has to promote that, adding to the question marks in my thought bubbles. On the good side, she still looks great at 50. I decided if she could have some hidden static electricity device or fan to make her blond hair go out sideways all the time, it would be perfect for her. Unfortunately, her husband is also in a metal band and she needs to ditch his part of the act. He helps out on probably half of the tunes. Needlessly showcased, I say.

The one song I really liked was a Motorhead cover and they did a great job with it. Otherwise, it was 70 minutes I will not get back.

Of course, there is only one man who can save us from this sort of entertainment at a food festival. His name...Eddie Money.

But music isn't necessarily the highlight, as there was some really good food I had last night.

Asian Grille-Chicken on a Stick. Wonderful.

Souper Market-Jambalaya. Awesome, as usual. Think Newman leaving the Soup Nazi.

Just Like Mom's-Chicken Wings. I really need to visit here.

Cornerstone Brewing-I had an egg roll here that was OK, but the accompanying hot sauce made this dish.

Frangapane Bakery-Mint Chocolate Cupcake. Out of control good.

I also had Beer. Beer. Mmmmmm.

Capped it off today, by visiting the St. Elias Festival. Had some gyros. I'm happy.

Meal of Links

Here is a guy who thinks President Obama is toast. And he takes his time doing it.

Van Jones was in town recently for Mayor Jackson's Sustainability Conference. Now he is out of the Obama administration. How it happened.

Socially responsible shopping. Geez, that seems like a lot of work, but there you go.

Exercise Yard

Citi Field. Home of the Mets. Brand new. Opened this year. Already falling apart.

Visitor

None, on a day that is probably going to see our streak of good weather end. Plus, my car is washed, clinching that.

No comments: