Saturday, January 17, 2009

The last time I vomited was a long time ago. From a gyro. I went several years without eating them, but reintroduced myself to them within the last couple of years. They are a gouty food, so I have to be careful, I guess.

But that did not prevent me from getting a Jumbo today at Famous Gyro George. I'm still not sure if a guy named George made a Gyro that became Famous, or if George makes a Famous Gyro, or if Gyro George became Famous. To paraphrase Vincent Vega, "I don't know if it was worth seven dollars, but it was pretty fuckin' good."

Meal of Links

Didn't know it, but Airbuses (Airbi?) have a device called a ditch switch. Keeps the plane afloat by not letting the water in.

Matt Taibbi with another gem. This time he skewers Thomas Friedman. His graph, "Size of Valerie Bertinelli’s Ass, 1985-2008, vs. Happiness" made me laugh really hard.

Terry Gilliam can't get Don Quixote out of his head. Back to work on that movie again. If you ever see "Lost in La Mancha" on your TV guide, watch it.

Exercise Yard

Conan O'Brien really does hate Cletus, the Fox NFL robot.



I don't mind Cletus when he does football stuff. Although, two things bugged me this year. When he and the Burger King were on together, that was hard to take. And I do agree with Conan, his sudden penchant for dancing is quite the mystery.

Visitor

40 Across: Cheryl's "Charlie's Angels" role (4 letters) Answer: Kris

No comments: