Thursday, January 15, 2009



Meal of Links

Here are the music-related films at Sundance. "It Might Get Loud" seems the most intriguing. "Tyson/U.S.A." seems like a nice update from Barbara Kopple's TV doc from years ago. Speaking of Kopple, I saw "Harlan County" a couple of Sundays ago and it still is an all-timer.

One of the other Showtime gems, "This American Life" may cut down on the number episodes and only do specials. Seems they are running out of stories.

Twitter was at the scene of the US Airways crash. Every one of those survivors needs to do saintly work, I say. It's incredible how that accident unfolded. Here's the pilot. Let's all have a drink and salute Sully this weekend. I say early retirement for old Sully and he can fly me to tropical locations the rest of my life with the money he will now make. That seems fair, no?

Why does Photo Cliches make me laugh?

Coke has a new slogan. I didn't even know they had an old one.

Exercise Yard

Found out Collective Soul (WTF?) plays at halftime of the Cardinals-Eagles game. Oh boy.

Hey, it's Ron Lyle! The best heavyweight fight I ever saw was Foreman-Lyle. Nothing comes close.

Visitor

43 Across: Louvre Pyramid architect (3 letters) Answer: Pei

No comments: