Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm currently trapped inside, thus far, on this Saturday. It's one of those snowy days. I think at the airport they already had 7 inches. But with Mayor Jackson's new plowing plans, I don't think I'll see a plow until Sunday which sucks, quite frankly.

















Good day to watch football, of both the English and American variety, I guess. This weekend's winners:

NY Giants over Philadelphia
San Diego over Pittsburgh
Carolina over Arizona
Tennessee over Baltimore

Toss in a little shoveling and I'll make some spaghetti because it looks like I'll not be able to attend the CSU-UIC game this evening. So, Geraldo, I'll be hunkered down.

I'm guessing this will be the size of today's crowd:

















Meal of Links

Naomi Klein says Boycott Israel. Dennis! is on the case, too.

More Billy Mays. He will be on Discovery with his own reality show. This guy is getting more ink then Lohan, it seems.

You must view the Top 10 Movie Car Crashes. Yes, "The Seven Ups" is here, as is "Terminator 2". "Final Destination 2" is absolutely a joy to watch. Er, as far as car crashes go.

Dexter married his sister. The TV one.

Exercise Yard

You know, I used to like Joe Morgan covering baseball games, but even I have grown tired of his act. Maybe he should just stick to the new MLB cable channel or something.

Anyhow, here are the worst announcing teams in sports.

BTW, I think Matt Millen's appearance on NBC last week and upcoming gig on the Super Bowl makes me wonder if John Madden is near retirement. Millen was really good when he was in the booth a decade ago, but have to believe his stint as Lions President has cost him tons of credibility. And he did pick the Falcons last week, too.

Visitor

1 Across: 2004 Best Actor Oscar winner (9 letters) Answer: Jamie Foxx

No comments: