Thursday, January 08, 2009

What is with Randy Lerner’s phobia about showing up in front of a camera to address the media concerning Browns issues. Geez, when you hire a new coach, Balki, I mean Eric Mangini, and you own the club, don’t you have to address the public?

I fully expected one of those robocalls from Lerner yesterday to all of the season ticket holders, explaining the move. While I was at the CSU game, I checked my phone for e-mail. Sure enough, a message from the Browns. So, as I’m reading, I fully expected to see it signed by Randy Lerner. But no, it was signed,

“Sincerely,

Michael J. Keenan
President
Cleveland Browns”

WTF? When Larry gets hired on Monday as GM, I expect Lerner to be there front-and-center.

Meal of Links

”Make ‘Em Laugh” on PBS looks interesting. Starts next Wednesday.

Well, we all know about Mickey Rourke’s comeback. He’ll now be in ”Iron Man 2”. Hey, Sam Rockwell is in it, too. That’s cool.

All about ”Married to the Mob”. This is very underrated. Dean Stockwell is perfect. Michelle Pfeiffer is really good. Matthew Modine and Oliver Platt play feds.

A few things I remember from this: “Mambo Italiano” as the opening theme. Modine’s scene where he wakes up and gets right into his work clothes is outstanding. Chris Isaak, the clown at Burger World. That odd closing post-credits scene where Modine and Pfeiffer dance is memorable.

Exercise Yard

My Dad and I were at the CSU game against Loyola tonight. CSU will never duplicate the first half they had tonight. 65% shooting, 75% shooting on threes, 85% from the line, resulting in a 48-26 lead. They only scored 53 for the entire game last Saturday.

It was a laugher. CSU wins, 76-50.

Visitor

24 Across: Skye of “Say Anything…” (4 letters) Answer: Ione

No comments: