Sunday, October 05, 2008

I had a strange thing happen regarding my car, the Scion xB today. I get in and start it up, throw it into reverse and three warning lights appear, including traction control and check engine. I ran a couple of errands including a stop at Giant Eagle. Start the car up there and no warnings. I'm wondering if the engine was cool or just a faulty sensor.

But it was like hitting the side of your TV to get it to work or rebooting your PC. "I'll just turn the ignition off and see if it works when I restart." It's the first time those lights came on, so I'll see if it recurs.

Can't let an October go without watching Manny. I believe he is attempting to slide in this photo:

















Meal of Links

You never know what you'll find on the Internets. How about Rate My Turban?

Could not figure out Sarah Palin's attack on Obama using William Ayers this weekend. Well, I guess I can. It was a lame attempt to cite the New York Times, you know part of that nasty Mainstreet Media, pointin' out she actually read it once or sarcastically sayin' it must be true if it's in there. Or, the even better, let's throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks. I'm sure Reverend Wright makes a return visit soon. BTW, Obama leads Ohio by 8. Using the 5% racist buffer that you know we have to employ on November 4th (read the final quotes in that Dispatch piece), that's a good lead.

My Dad and I watched a bunch of horse racing on Saturday and some horses from Dubai were entered throughout. But there is a dark side to Dubai.

Exercise Yard

Did anyone see the Kimbo Slice farce on CBS last night? The worst fraud perpetrated on the public since, I dunno, Sarah Palin. It's why I've always had doubts about getting into MMA. I realize Elite is not exactly the best promoter when it comes to MMA, but my goodness, Slice is a joke. Elite probably runs out of money after this stinkbomb of a main event.

Slice was supposed to have a bout with the washed up Ken Shamrock. Shamrock gets injured and pulls out the day of the event. Elite moves Seth Petruzelli to the main event and all he does is whip Kimbo Slice in the mind-boggling time of 14 seconds.

Kimbo seemed really broken up about it by saying, "It's all good.", meaning "Hey, I got mine." I think he was paid more money after he learned Shamrock was out and then proceeded to advertise his afterparty immediately after getting his ass kicked. Now Petruzelli gets nominated to be a modern-day Rocky Balboa. Unfortunately, he just beat a tomato can with dollar bills poking through the top.

It was a joke.

Visitor

None, it's a Bye Week.

No comments: