Monday, October 06, 2008

Gas was at the unheard-of-for-a-while price of $2.79 today. As the world goes to hell in a handbasket, at least we'll be getting there on a full tank that is a bit cheaper. Speaking of that, I had 46 cents off on my latest GetGo visit yesterday. But I still think it is not worth it to go to Giant Eagle for all of my grocery needs. They've ripped me off for so long, you know. So, I have been spreading the wealth around.

I'm on a mission to consume what I have lying around to avoid these trips. Sure, I'll pick up some meat or chicken or greens or fruit or soda along the way. I have been making some dents. But this is what I have presently. In my freezer, I am down to:

Crab Cakes
6 1/4-lb. Hamburger Patties from GFS
Trader Joe's Chicken Stir Fry
Hash Browns
Steamfresh vegetables

Refrigerator:

Condiments: Ketchup, Mustard, Stadium Mustard, Tartar Sauce, Cocktail Sauce, General Tso's Sauce, Horseradish, A-1 Marinade, Teriyaki Sauce, Light Mayo, Ortega Taco Sauce
Salsa
Gatorade
Eggs
Water
Vodka
Two Bottles of Bloody Mary Mix
Bigass Kosher Dills
Stuffed Olives with Jalapenos
Jalapeno Slices
Hamburger Dills
Vidalia Onion Salad Dressing from Ken's
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Turkey Pepperoni
Olivio (squeeze and tub varieties)

Pantry:

Progresso Soups
A Bag of Cousin Willie's Popcorn
Brown Rice
5 Boxes of Toasted Crackers
3 Boxes of Zatarain's
Hot Sauce (Tabasco and Frank's)
A-1 (Cracked Peppercorn and Regular)
Worcestershire Sauce
2 Ken's Dressings-Lite French and Lite Italian
Skippy Natural
Chicken Broth
Redpack Diced Tomatoes
2 Kool-Aid Packets
2 Taco Seasoning Packets
3 Tuna Cans
Mid's Pizza Sauce

And there's a lot of spices and cooking oils, etc.

Not exactly eatin' great in the neighborhood, but in case of attack, I can sustain for a while. Amazingly, I have no science experiments, except for two limes that look they are not going to make it. I also have 2 Bananas and a Honey Crisp Apple left.

Meal of Links

Catching up with Diane Lane. With a very nice photo. They mention "Streets of Fire". OK, it bombed, but I love that movie. Hey, the Blasters are in it. Look at ol' Michael Pare playin' the tough guy in this scene.

"I Can Dream About You"-Dan Hartman from "Streets of Fire"



Is Kimbo Slice marketable? I say definitely not. That display on Saturday still honks me off.

Really neat photos.

If you're feeling a little bit down, watch this episode of "Family Guy". It has it all: "Surfin' Bird" endlessly, Fifties references including polio, "Midnight Cowboy", Star Jones, Allan Sherman, the printer-smashing scene from "Office Space", Tom Cruise dropping from the ceiling in "Mission: Impossible", Jesus, Marlee Matlin calling Moviefone, George W. Bush, Jay Leno, Dane Cook, Pussycat Dolls.

"I Dream of Jesus"-Family Guy



Exercise Yard

Five Most Overhyped Athletes. This list is actually wide open for debate. Ryan Leaf and Brian Bosworth should be up there.

Visitor

18 Across: Reggae singer Peter (4 letters) Answer: Tosh

No comments: