Monday, September 01, 2008

Well, it looks like Gustav has made landfall. One criticism I have of today's coverage is that you heard repeatedly that "things were OK". What happened to "Let's wait for potential flooding before we all do the Happy Dance."?

For trustworthy coverage, go to the Times-Picayune site.

Today's silly coverage provided by Michelle Kosinski. Remember, she was the one who was in "a flood" in a canoe years ago, when people went WALKING by. So, maybe she deserves this beating from the elements:



And be sure to watch Geraldo on Fox News. I was at Best Friend's yesterday and this guy is a pleasure to watch in a natural disaster. He was the Fox Sunday Night main guy and he kept having technical difficulties and would repeatedly ask his fellow reporters where they were "hunkering down". So, we came up with "Geraldo Hunker Haiku". I happened to see him this morning in the middle of Canal Street with a wind gauge. "Look at this...66...63...67...59..." as he pointed the instrument towards the heavens. Compelling TV.

Meal of Links

I was at the Taste of Cleveland on Saturday. An increased number of food vendors this year, I'm happy to say. I was having some gastric troubles earlier in the day, so I mainly went to drink this year. But I did sample Buffalo Chicken Egg rolls from Willoughby Brewing, Sushi (once again!) from Otani, and Chicken Wings from Just Like Mom's. All very good and I didn't need a stomach pump later.

Squeeze, yes, that Squeeze, was the entertainment. Remember when Difford and Tilbrook were the next Lennon/McCartney? In all my years of attending these Saturday night events, this was the most poorly attended music portion. And, after they played "Tempted", things got really empty. I know they like to have '80s Night, but look for Classic Rock to return on Saturday next time. Having said that, I kinda liked the show. Lasted 90 minutes and there were enough of the 45s played to make it worthwhile. Hey, it was $5. A steal. And I want the yellow suit.

Songs by Squeeze that we knew and obliged me by playing:

"If I Didn't Love You" (Always fun for group sing-along)
"I Think I'm Go Go"
Take Me I'm Yours (Press Play)
"Cool For Cats"
"Separate Beds"
"Another Nail In My Heart"
"Tempted"
"Pulling Mussels from a Shell" (Mr. Mix on lead vocal for the chorus)
"Black Coffee in Bed" (Superb backup vocals by me)

It's so confusing. Sarah Palin's daughter is pregnant. Is, not was. Or is that Was (Not Was)? Anyhow, why did it take three days for this to come out and then bury it under the news of Gustav?

I seem to have lots of conversations with many people regarding pills for all of our ills. Therefore, this was a good read.

Exercise Yard

Miss Sprint Cup kills me. Have you seen her? She is the one who stands behind the winner of the race, and while he is being interviewed, she smiles and nods approvingly as if she's part of the winning team. Now, I see her creeping into the background on network interviews. Look for her at the end of the next race. It's a hoot.

Speaking of cars, check out Mario driving the Lotus John Player Special in Sweden in 1979. Those Lotuses were beautiful.



Visitor

1 Down: Playboy founder, familiarly (3 letters) Answer: Hef

No comments: