Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Last night, my Dad and I saw Cliff Lee win his 20th game of the season. Great game as Lee tossed a gem, like he was throwing at the start of the season. No runs, five hits, no walks, in a complete game. Might be time to start thinking contract extension. He has only 2 years left here.

We were originally slated for the Party Deck. In some weird sort of circumstances, we must have been the only ones to purchase seats in that section for the evening. So much for that September sale they ran online. Anyhow, when we arrived, the section was "open to the public". I found that strange, because there was free food involved. Then we were sent upstairs to the picnic area in the Mezzanine, where the guy told us he was under the impression The Party Deck was closed for the evening. We eventually got in after a discussion. Since I had not had anything to eat, I immediately grabbed a hot dog, a chicken wing and a pulled pork sandwich. Scarfing that down in no time, we were then approached by an Indians employee (I told my Dad, "We're about to be harassed again!") who told us our seats were being upgraded...TO CLUB SEATS!!!

If they had only come five minutes (maybe seconds) earlier, I would not have had all of that food. I had to then pinch myself because the customer service from that point on was unreal. "Oh, we've been waiting for you." "We heard that you might be joining us." "If you need anything, just ask." WTF? I didn't know I was coming here until 2 minutes ago. But, no, they kept reminding us there was free food. They must have thought we had just come off the boat or something. Of course, I was not going to let all of the food go by, so it was cups of popcorn, Cracker Jack, some ice cream, and a slice of pizza. All that while enjoying a really good game.

What started out to be a clusterfuck ended on a really high note.

Meal of Links

"Flight of the Conchords" may only do 10 more episodes. That would be a major problem for me, I think.

American adaptations of British TV shows. Great clip of "Sanford and Son". Ditto "Fawlty Towers".

All about steak.

I've run into this guy in more theaters than I can remember. I'm gonna miss him.



He's on the record saying this was his favorite trailer:



Exercise Yard

Behind the scenes with Tony Stewart. I have to go to Rolling Stone for great stuff like this?

Visitor

20 Across: Poem set in Mudville (13 letters) Answer: Casey At The Bat

No comments: