Thursday, September 04, 2008

I know it's "Country First" week, but I'll put my "American Hat" on, because the hypocrisy on Sarah Palin is absolutely killing me.



I tended to agree with James Carville's pre-Palin speech comment last night. When was the last time you heard a bad acceptance speech at a convention? You could probably toss them all into the same pile and not get much of an argument. But the idea that she will be a President somewhere down the road (after one speech, mind you) is laughable. She did a fine job of reading last night, but oh, I wish Tim Russert was still here. Not to worry though, I do think the tough questions are coming. Fact-checking Palin's speech. McCain has written two memoirs to Obama's one, BTW. And this is a thoughtful piece in what we witnessed last night.

And what was with that "green screen" behind John McCain tonight? I thought he was gonna give us updates on Hurricane Hanna. Hey, protesters! That's different. After the early intro of Palin, he was kinda dull, wasn't he? The ending was embarrassing. And he seems overly excited, does he not?















I don't understand how a guy who's been in Washington for so long as a member of the party that's been in power for 20 of the last 28 years can act as an outsider who will change D.C. Isn't he part of the problem?

BTW, we raided Pakistan.

Meal of Links

Hey, tackle football season started tonight. I watched the last couple of minutes on NFL.com. Not a bad effort, you get five camera angles and game audio. Main broadcast, cable cam, star cam (iso on your favorite star), end zone cam and sideline cam are the angles. I will say this, cable cam is a great angle to watch the action. Really good view of plays developing. Al just said, "dink and dunk." Are you listening, Quinn?

I am a fan of covers. Especially those that are done well and threaten to make us forget the original. Why, I just heard "Take Me To the River" by the Talking Heads today. One of my faves is Dave Edmunds version of "Get Out Of Denver", a rare pleasure if you get to hear it. Here is a good archive of Michael Jackson, Madonna and Prince cover tunes.

Standouts:

"Material Girl"/Richard Cheese (that guy just cracks me up)
"Baby, I'm A Star"/Of Montreal
"I Want You Back"/KT Tunstall

The most overrated things in rock via Blender. Hey, they dis Cheap Trick. That's a no-no. Pink Floyd, as well. Uh-oh.

I could not figure out why this song was popping into my head lately, because I've always liked it. It's because it is being used as background in the commercial for the latest Coen Brothers movie. I probably have to request this one on the Mr. Classic show.

"Got A Line On You"/Spirit



Exercise Yard

Is he drunk? Uh, yeah. Red Bull + Vodka = Worst high jump attempt ever.



I was at yesterday's Indians game. We went on a group outing from work and sat in the Party Deck. This time, it was closed to the public. Their chicken is pretty damn good. Breaded, not BBQed. Anyhow, we had shade for six innings on a really hot day, so it was nice. And they yank the food out pretty damn quick at that hour into the game mark. I got to thinking, Eric Wedge is lucky he manages an in American sport.

Because the EPL is only three games old, and already, two managers have resigned. Curbishley done at West Ham, King Kev out at Newcastle. All eyes now turn to Manchester City.

Visitor

5 Down: Golfer Sabbatini (4 letters) Answer: Rory

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As we all know, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Well, that is what John McCain wants us to do. The Republicans have had the power for 8 years and he wants us to believe things will be different when he, the mavrick (I saw it spelled that way on a sign in St Paul), who voted +90% of the time with George W, will CHANGE! As for Palin, well, I don't believe this "Country First" crap. How about "Family First". LOVED the Stewart clip. HYPOCRITES!!!!