Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day was a modest success in Gateway, from what I learned. The prevailing opinion is that with most everyone having this Friday off, due to Easter, and Opening Day a short time away, people had to pick and choose their time off wisely. I know that applied to me, and I didn't arrive Downtown until 6:30.

By that time, it wasn't very crowded. I understand pre and post-parade was jammed, but not much activity in the a.m. compared with previous years. I can attest by the time my imbibing started, the celebrating looked to be mostly over. For instance, one of my favorite things is seeing the late-day drunk blowing a long, green horn. Missed that this year.

Although, I had a car bomb (don't mind the leakage), I was not close to auditioning for that role. I think the highlight was eating half of Uncle F-Bomb's corned beef sandwich, seemingly the last one in town. And it was good.

Meal of Links

"Let's talk about race, bay-bee. Let's talk about you and me." Obama delivers a speech about a racial stalemate. Mostly positive reviews follow.

HBO cans the head of their entertainment division. They are having a bit of a slump over there, besides "The Sopranos".

I do not watch "Dancing with the Stars". But here's a critique of the men.

The Raconteurs new album drops next week. Another release that tries to change the model of music delivery. Apparently, it was finished just this month.

Really cool beds. Some of these with the home theater incorporated, look like the view you get in Row 1 at the local cinema.

David Lynch donates a million dollars to MIU. Plus, he has his own weekend there.

Exercise Yard

SI puts all of its content online, for free. That means easy access to the best cover ever:


















Visitor

5 Across: Rapper Shakur (5 letters) Answer: Tupac

No comments: