Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We had some odd things happen at work this week. Someone had brought in the typical fund-raising chocolate bars for some kid's softball team or other such extracurricular nonsense. It's fairly obvious a mouse has arrived and decided to chew up one of the candy bars. Well, after it sat there for two days, it resulted in the typical not-my-problem attitude from the masses. The thoughtful solution after a time? Move the box to a different spot on the counter. Hey, that'll work.

The other thing is Nomar Stalker ran into the same problem I had a few months ago. How hard is it to lock the men's bathroom door? You just walk in, turn the fan on to drown out any forthcoming noises and you push the button on the doorknob. Seems simple enough, huh? Well, he walks in on the same guy I did, who failed to lock the door again. All I know is when I walked in the guy, he avoided me for about a week. Thank God, he was only at the urinal.

Meal of Links

The haunting beauty of some abandoned structures. That Pabst brewery had some pretty cool architecture, I'd say.

Sgt. Kinchloe dies. I'm not sure I have a favorite Kinchloe episode from "Hogan's Heroes". Maybe it's the one where he does Nazi imitations over the radio. Oh wait, that was every episode, wasn't it? Although, my all-time favorite episode is one he isn't on. You know, where they
"end the war". Hochstetter so kind to lend them his staff car now that the conflict has ended. Hogan had convinced him the prisoners were future captains of industry. Lots of yuks.

White people really like that website. I'm sure you've been there. It's "Stuff White People Like".

The truth about relationships:



Exercise Yard

CSU's season ended tonight. Well, early tonight as their NIT game vs. Dayton started at 6:00. The Vikings lost this game pretty much at the start of the second half. A 38-30 lead for UD at the half became 45-30 within two minutes of half number two. It was a struggle form that point on. The lead would go down to 9, then back up to 15 and so on for most of the half.

Finally, with about 3:50 to go, CSU cut it to 61-55 and had Dayton reeling. For one fleeting second, I thought maybe they could win. But CSU could not get any more offense down the stretch and ended up losing, 66-57.

Visitor

36 Across: Hip-hop Dr. (3 letters) Answer: Dre

No comments: