Sunday, March 16, 2008

The brackets for March Madness were finally drawn this evening. One of the few years that I don't have a major quibble with the selections, but there remain some irritating selections. Oh, yeah, Virginia Tech or Arizona State should probably be in there. Butler, for one, got no respect. They were a Top 10 team who won their regular season and conference tournament and were rewarded with a 7 seed. Not only that, they have to go to Birmingham to play South Alabama (a team I'm not sure should even be in). Last time I checked, Birmingham is in Alabama.

The MAC gets hosed again. It was a down year for the league, but you can't tell me Akron can't play with these teams. I recall when the MAC used to get 2 and 3 teams in annually, but they have been overlooked the last 10 years and it doesn't seem likely to change soon, as only 6 mid-majors got at-large bids.

We'll see if Cleveland State makes the NIT later. The Cleveland State women made the NCAAs today joining my alma mater, Miami, in the women's brackets.

Here are the matchups.

Meal of Links

Check to see if your favorite website is down or is it just you? I used this the other day to check on YouTube and the site was actually down.

How would McCain rate as Commander-in-Chief? Temper, temper.

Why should Bear Stearns be bailed out. It looks like JPMorgan Chase is picking up the scraps. Has W. mentioned "recession" yet?

I think I'm now addicted to these. After I finish this, I think I'm gonna get one at BK.

Seems obvious. Trolling the Internet for hookers. With all of this hooker news lately, I've been playing "Part-Time Hooker" by Betty Blowtorch a lot.

Exercise Yard

War Pass went off at 1-9 odds in the Tampa Bay Derby. He finished last. Big show prices followed.

Visitor

None. And it didn't snow either.

No comments: