Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sometimes it amazes me how stupid or naive some people can be. I hearken back to the last big snow we had a year ago, where my neighbor decided to leave without shovelling. That resulted in about 150 minutes of jaw-dropping disbelief, not to mention tearing up my lawn. So, last night in the midst of my big dig, I saw it again. This time across the street. Simple fact. If you have a car, you can't gun it through two feet of unshovelled snow. It won't happen. At least shovel a path, try something to make it easier. Anything but that display.















My life was compounded on all sorts of different fronts yesterday. First of all, I have to synchronize all of my clocks, because of Daylight Savings Time (and how come the U.K. waits til the end of the month still?). Then it was major snow, where I was confronting waist high-drifts by the time it was over. For me, it all ended after 9:00. Continuing to fight what illness I have to the point of having trouble talking, let alone breathing. Furnace issues, where for several cycles, I had no heat...that sucks. Guy coming out tomorrow, methinks it be a sensor. All in all, a peach of a day.

Meal of Links

You know this had to be made into a movie. "How I Fell in Love With a Female Assassin". Kind of a Colombian Nikita feel to it.

It's down to "The Wire" tonight. I dunno, maybe people don't like shows with a cadre of African-Americans in them. Anyhow, it ends tonight. I'm sure it'll be On Demand for a while or they'll start repeating the whole series like "The Sopranos".

Didn't I used to shop here for your stuff over here, O Famous Designer? You did, and now they are over there.

Exercise Yard

CSU made the finals of the Horizon League tournament. A weird game (not because I have ESPN U and watched it), in that CSU dominated statistically, but turnovers kept Valpo alive. The Vikings had leads of 18 and 15 and frittered away all of that second lead, but hung on for a closer win than it should have been. Tuesday, it's Butler for a chance at March Madness on the Four-Letter at 9:00.

Dual boxing shows last night. HBO was at that mecca of boxing...Cancun, Mexico? Yep, a converted bullfighting arena was the scene for two title fights. In the first, Nate Campbell beat one of HBO's golden boys, Juan Diaz. Fairly handily, I might add. Campbell was older by 12 years and whipped up on Diaz, who suffered a really bad cut on his eye. Unfortunately for him, his corner did not appear to know how to stop the bleeding and it looked awful by the end. Campbell took three Lightweight belts for the effort. He didn't call anyone out, saying that's Don King's job.

In the nightcap, Samuel Peter took on Oleg Maskaev for a heavyweight title. Or the "Nigerian Nightmare" against "The Big O", if you will. Peter was the better fighter in this one, as he landed some big blows on Maskaev in the third. Eventually, he landed a big right followed by many punches to get a stoppage near the end of the sixth. Peter said afterwards, "Who's next?", as he won the WBC heavyweight title. Seemingly, he'll have to fight a Klitchsko soon.

Too bad for Showtime, as they had a bout in London for the Cruiserweight title that didn't get out of Round 2. David Haye threw some big Hayemakers and beat Enzo Maccarinelli pretty quickly. Haye wants to move up to Heavyweight now, as he picked up another belt and now has three Cruiserweight titles for his effort.

Visitor

None.

No comments: