Saturday, March 08, 2008

The snow has arrived and this one shapes up as the largest one this winter, thus far. It has become a hunker down day, which is dangerous, because I have an Internet connection and a credit card with which to buy many things I do not need. So, it's soccer this a.m. and hoops and fisticuffs later on the TV. Then the digging begins.

A casualty of the weather yesterday was John Sayles. I went to see "Eight Men Out" at the Cleveland International Film Festival last night. There was supposed to be an intro and Q&A with Sayles, but he was stuck in New York, and the theater was only about one-third full because of the weather. Kinda disappointing as I did have a question or two or three, but I don't think he made it today. I was taken aback, however, by how lousy the print was. CIFF usually does a much better job, but this print was really dicey and eventually got eaten up during one reel. You could see the film snap and burn, just like the old days! After a delay, it appeared one part of the screen was foggy. It eventually got better with an immaculate final reel, but AFI needs to restore this film pronto.

I would also like to thank the good folks at Mucinex for helping me get through whatever I have presently. Trust me, it ain't pretty.

Meal of Links

Reality TV ideas are apparently limitless. How about "Kill It, Skin It, Wear It"? That has to be fake, no?

I saw O.M.D. once. They were OK. Here is how they lost their fans with the "ultimate commercial suicide". They went from 3 million records sold to 300,000 for the next record.

Even cows have trouble adjusting to daylight savings time. I mean, seriously, how would they know? Who's gonna tell them the milker is late that day?

Exercise Yard

Many ballclubs are offering the "All-You-Can-Eat" ticket. Mostly non-alcoholic drinks, except the Cardinals and Braves offer beer. Uh-oh.

I like the fact the Blue Jays have an All-You-Can-Eat Weekend for 1,600 seats. Must be the only way they can sell tickets for the Royals.

Visitor

2 Down: "It Must Have Been Love" duo (7 letters) Answer: Roxette

No comments: