Monday, March 03, 2008

The most hilarious thing I heard today was when a woman called into 1100 and said Kelly Shoppach was making taped calls in support of Hillary Clinton. Another guy called in to confirm. On the surface, it seemed odd that the only support she could find locally sportswise, would come from the Indians backup catcher. Except the call didn't come from him. It came from boxing champ, Kelly Pavlik. I received that call, as well.

Aside from the judges who started calling me over the weekend, as I'm avoiding the phone, I also received calls from The Ron Paul Revolution and the wife of John McCain. Still amazed at receiving no calls from Cimperman or seeing many of his yard signs locally. I think we may be stuck with Dennis! again.

Meal of Links

There is a huge auction of pop culture artifacts. 850 items ranging from jackets of the Three Stooges, Madonna's "Like a Virgin" wedding dress, to a bullwhip from "Indiana Jones" and the gun that Jack Ruby used on Oswald. I have a birthday coming up as most of us do this year. How about Patrick Macnee's hat from "The Avengers" or The Maltese Falcon?

All about last night's episode of "The Wire". It was interesting that Snoop, who got offed last night, was quoting William Munny as "Unforgiven" was rolling on Turner last night. "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

How about some quick Blondie? Debbie Harry can't control herself.

"Hangin' on the Telephone"/Blondie



Exercise Yard

Will Vazquez and Marquez do it again? As a boxing fan, I say yes. As someone who fears their first three fights has taken a tremendous piece out of each fighter, I gotta go with no. Mickey Ward: "I think they gave enough of themselves for two lifetimes. And you only get one." Saturday's fight has already reached legendary status.

Visitor

3 Down: Actress Streep (5 letters) Answer: Meryl

No comments: