Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Dennis! wins! It looks like Joe Cimperman's campaign died the same day Kucinich gave up his presidential bid. I think it's Dennis!'s job until he doesn't want it anymore. A clear repudiation of any or all opponents last night. The guy has a loyal group of followers and a machine that works. I got another phone call from him yesterday on Election Day. I'm not sure I even got the dreaded campaign literature from Cimperman and I certainly got no calls from his phone bank. Perhaps if he lived in the district, it might have helped.

As for my voting journey yesterday, there were a couple of things I didn't get. But the good news is they had a person at the door who had a master list of voters. I vote at a church that has four precincts, and I know I vote in Precinct E. But there are always people who forget or get confused, so this is a good thing to have someone direct you to the correct precinct.

But I wasn't sure they were matching up my ballot without any sort of checking device to know it was mine. I think they ripped a ballot from a legal pad and when I was done, I threw it into a box with no stub or anything that I was aware of. The other disturbing thing was that if you didn't want to go to a booth, you could fill out your ballot while sitting at a table. Where other folks were filling out their ballots in the open! Didn't really care for that too much.

Anyhow, it looks like the D's will be at each other's throats for a while and now I'm guaranteed no sleep during convention week in Denver. Has anyone figured out why Puerto Rico, not a state last time I looked, has 55 delegates at stake in June? That's more than some states. Found that out after 1:00 this morning.

A pretty good analysis of what happened last night.

Meal of Links

All about Steve Jobs. I haven't bought an Apple product in a while, maybe it's time.

My Dad utters the word "Shit" with the best of them. But Clay Davis from "The Wire" rules all.

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit"/Clay Davis



Keep this quiet. Do not give them any ideas. Or I'll do my Clay Davis imitation.

"If you could read my mind" becomes closer to reality. Kind of a Brainiac Video machine.

What is up with Jeff Conaway? Well, he carries a knife.

While the world is deifying Brett Favre, take a look at his first completion with the Packers:



Exercise Yard

The Top MLB Promotions this year. Omigod, Tampa is giving away Cowbells!

Visitor

22 Across Down: Coach Parseghian (3 letters) Answer: Ara

No comments: