Sunday, March 02, 2008

Line from tonight's episode of "The Wire" where a kid is watching TV: "Hey, dude! You gotta see this. There's this serial killer who only kills other serial killers...". Thanks, HBO, for the tip of the hat to "Dexter". Hey, that's on Showtime, but who cares.

Meanwhile, back in the real world.

Meal of Links

The "Knights of Prosperity" only wanted to rob Mick Jagger, not kill him. The Hells Angels wanted to do that themselves. Get a copy of "Gimme Shelter" if you can, still fascinating after all these years.

Is the hat making a comeback? They list a bunch of hats I've never worn, although I think I wore a porkpie once. Maybe if I drove a taxi for a living...

Mainstream media finally figures out that Cuyahoga County is trying a new voting system for the Ohio Primary. Get prepared for a long night of election viewing. We may take New Mexico off the hook when it comes to tabulating votes.

Exercise Yard

The Top 10 names in hockey. This is the current version. I really hope Bear Trapp makes the NHL. No Miroslav Satan, is he still active? I always favored Bart Crashley in the old days myself.

Visitor

None, it's the last Sunday before the time change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Naturally, the American press was all over the Lebanese news story, right????
Funny you should mention the hat comeback. A couple of weeks ago, my family attended an old Catholic church. In the pews were these funny little clips, which, of course, the kids decided to play with. My brother leans over and asks me what they were for. Back in the day, men wore hats and needed a place to put them while in church. Ugh, I am sooooo old for knowing that.