Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day!





















Sunday and Monday are Must-See-TV as ESPN, of all networks, gives Dan Klores another chance to shine. His documentary, "Black Magic", shows civil rights from a basketball perspective. We visit many of the stars from America's HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities). I haven't seen a frame of this, but I know it will be good.

Klores is one of the best documentarians going right now. Last summer, it was "Crazy Love" and before that, an awesome doc on Emile Griffith, "Ring of Fire". One of the cool things is there is a focus on John McLendon. CSU finally gave his legacy a boost with a game they will host each year for the McLendon Scholarship Foundation. This year, it was Ohio State in town, if you recall. McLendon's story is quite a fascinating one that many locals, I'm sure, know very little about.

Meal of Links

What does that commercial say? "My bank is National City." Well, maybe not for much longer. I know Wells Fargo has done due diligence on them many times, but I hear the main suitor is coming from north of the border. Get the maple leaf ready. It's the Bank of Montreal.

The Pelicano trial in L.A. will have some A-listers testify. Garry Shandling testified on Thursday, and others will join in.

I think I feel sorry for the guy, but this made me laugh.

Exercise Yard

If you want to see the Red Sox play in Cincinnati this year, you'll pay a lot. Suggestion...find a scalper.

Visitor

23 Across: Shortcake's dad, to Fonzie (3 letters) Answer: Mr. C

No comments: