Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Super Bowl always screws up my Sunday routine, which is whatever Sunday evening show I watch, plus laundry. The beauty of HBO On Demand is that Super Bowl XLII won't foul up my weekly visit with "The Wire", because they have the Sunday episode available the previous Monday. Saw that today and we're halfway through the final season already.

The creator of "The Wire", David Simon, talks about Baltimore. The city where it is filmed. BTW, Steve Earle, who also has a role, has the theme song (Tom Waits' "Way Down in the Hole") for Season 5.



Meal of Links

Reader's Digest publishes a list of weight-loss ideas. But shouldn't it be less than 50 ideas, given their raison d'etre?

Hey, the Browns were unbeaten once. 60 years ago. But it never happened, because the NFL does not recognize AAFC records. And Jim Brown speaks.

Man gets tazed, turns into Chewbacca!

Exercise Yard

The NFL added six new members to the Hall of Fame today. I gotta say, this is one of the weakest groups I remember.

Darrell Green-No brainer.
Art Monk-Just not sure about him, but probably OK.
Emmitt Thomas-Yes.
Gary Zimmerman-Yes.

But Andre Tippett and Fred Dean? I liked them both and they were good, but I dunno. Especially in lieu of Cris Carter.

Visitor

30 Across: Jazz vibraphonist Jackson (4 letters) Answer: Milt

No comments: