Friday, February 01, 2008

You gotta play with pain and I've been having some back issues lately. But I feel better today, so let's catch up on some things.

Sarah Silverman is fucking Matt Damon:



I've noticed that Sam Elliott isn't doing the "Beef, It's What's for Dinner" ads anymore. He had been doing that for 10 years. Before him...Robert Mitchum! I think they've tossed the TV promos and are using only print ads and radio spots. I had XM on and heard the replacement. The new voice is Matthew McConaughey. At least they've kept the Copland.

Don't know why I was thinking of the movie "Evil Roy Slade" today. Maybe lines like this:

Poker Player: "I got Jacks with an Ace."
Evil Roy Slade: "I got threes...with a gun!"
Poker Player: "You win! Wow, you are lucky!"

Have you seen that extra item on your pizza? It's GPS. Domino's Pizza Tracker shows the updated location of your pizza after your order.

When was the last time you heard "Dicker and Dicker of Beverly Hills"? Speaking of game shows, "Idol" producers are bringing back "Match Game".

Have you heard the band, Foxboro Hot Tubs, yet? No, this isn't New England-related. They have a song, "Mother Mary", that's getting airplay. Quite peppy, kind of a throwback. But, it's really Green Day.

OK, you must take the Patriots minus the points as your Super Bowl bet. Really, do you see this any other way? Of course, there are the prop bets. Vegas released a disastrous prop when they first came out this year. They had one for punts and the number was only 42.5 yards, a distance which punters were getting even during those bad weather games. I mean only needing one punt traveling longer than that was ridiculous. Of course, the earlybirds were all over it and I think that number is now up to 48.5 yards or higher.

Casey Blake. The Six Dollar Man.

20 of the Meanest Love Songs. "A simple prop to occupy my time..." IS kinda mean, I'd say.

Some food I've tried recently:

Asiago Roast Beef Sammie at Panera. Very good.

Toasted subs at Arby's are pretty good. But the Market Fresh Chicken Club Salad is really tasty.

Old El Paso Fresh Mexican Style Salsa Smooth Roja is out of control good. Marc's had these dirt cheap last week.

Monopoly wants you to vote for the cities to include in their World Edition Game. I don't think the Land of Cleves is gonna make it.

An "Arrested Development" movie? "To the nuts..."

Meal of Links

The AskMen 99 came out today and the Number One on the "Most Desirable Woman" list was Katherine Heigl. She's OK, but I wouldn't have her in the Top 10. Actually, the rest of the Top 10 is fairly accurate. Especially with Kate Beckinsale in at #3.

Michael Wilbon from "PTI", a show I DVR every day, talks about his heart attack.

A day in the life of a dog and a cat.

Exercise Yard

Just in time for the Super Bowl, it's 20 Classic Football Movies. These are the must-sees on the list:

"Heaven Can Wait"
"Brian's Song"
"The Waterboy"
"The Longest Yard" (1974)
"Any Given Sunday"
"North Dallas Forty"

Visitor

44 Across: Teammate of Pee Wee and Duke (3 letters) Answer: Roy

No comments: