Saturday, February 09, 2008

Last night I found myself at Harpo's. I wanted to drink some beer and Gale said why not try that sports place, Rivals. But it was insanely crowded over there. Don't know too much about the place, but something must be happening. Can't be everyone there for the Cavs.

Anyhow, we moseyed over to Harpo's. They had trivia there. So, I was able to break out the mad skills and try to beat everyone. One problem, I think we led every game going into the last question, where I proceeded to choke like a dog. Even one of those games that took several rounds. I won every round until the last one, where you had to wager up to 50% of your points. Of course, I said, "Howie, that's a lot of points, but No Deal!" as I bet the 50%. Then they asked some lame-o question about animated lion voices. The answer was Walken did not do a voiceover, but the likes of Matthew Broderick and Ben Stiller did. How the hell am I supposed to know that?

My coup of the evening was knowing the title of Rockpile's 1980 album. Sadly, I have that on vinyl and it's "Seconds of Pleasure". At the time, it gave me enough of a cushion to eventually blow a big lead. Bah!

Meal of Links

Check this out. A place in Nicaragua thrives on cocaine tossed overboard by smugglers, about to be caught. Even the fisherman are on the prowl for "la langosta blanca", the white lobster.

I went to my new doctor yesterday and am trying to figure out why my body temperature was 97.5. I mean, nary a comment from the nurse. Oh well, I guess it's not bad and I'll live. Except for the potential of Brain Fog. Oh well, I guess it's not bad and I'll live. Except for the potential of Brain Fog.

This is something I will definitely try and see. EPL games in America! Regular season games that count. Regardless of the ultimate motive of greed, I think it's great to have an additional game abroad.

Exercise Yard

My brother notified me that Rick Pitino also sold ice cream a la Good Humor, in another one of those "White Out Nights" at the Louisville-Georgetown game tonight.































My Dad and I took in the latest CSU game (the second of three in five days), this one against Detroit-Mercy. What an ugly affair, as UDM is the worst team in the conference, with only one win. This was one of those games when you keep a bad team around and let them off the hook, you are presented real danger of actually losing.

The numbers...really bad. CSU shot 36% from the floor, but missed only three foul shots, which saved their bacon. They were an awful 3 for 22 on three-pointers. It's become apparent, outside of J'Nathan Bullock, CSU has no inside game and the zones they are facing are really packed in down low. That results in open jumpers, which they are failing to hit.

In a great escape, CSU wins, 60-56.

Visitor

15 Across: Fictional mustache twirler (15 letters) Answer: Snidely Whiplash

No comments: