Thursday, February 07, 2008

I guess I got it wrong. Moe Green is still alive! And that was Alex Rocco in the Audi commercial during the Super Bowl. I thought he died after that "Famous Teddy Z" TV series of yesteryear. I still maintain there is too much going on to figure out they are selling Audis, but good to see Moe Green is still kicking. Now, if we follow "The Godfather" correctly, shouldn't we all get an Audi?

Meal of Links

Here I am, minding my own business, when this comes across my desk. Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz in a lesbian scene. I don't even care that this is in a Woody Allen film. As always, I'm hoping Ms. Cruz doesn't speak, or in this case, moan in English in the flick. I'll see this one, oh, probably the minute it shows up in town.

The Bonnaroo lineup. I'd say it's very good. The SXSW lineup is here. I love that band name, Scissors for Lefty.

Animals that have somehow avoided entering my house, so far. Chimps in clothes! And, of course, "Maybe the dingo ate your Peppermint Jo-Jos." I still have one box left.

Jeezy creezy. "American Idol" as a theme park attraction. Isn't that karaoke?

If the writer's strike ends soon, here is what may happen with the remaining schedule. Looks like "The Office" is the only one that may have more than 7 episodes.

Who knew that G.O.B. was the voice of GMC Trucks? So, he can't do the voice of K.I.T.T., because it's a Mustang. BTW, Will Arnett is still alive.

Why Pete Doherty matters.

Exercise Yard

My Dad and I attended the CSU-Wright State game this evening. A scant three weeks ago, it was the high of beating Butler and Valpo back-to-back. And there were people there. Today with Wright State in town, after CSU dumped four in a row on the road, it was back to normal as I parked on the street. Although they listed the crowd at 2,793.

While "What a difference a day makes..." was playing in our collective heads, Wright State jumped out to a 15-2 lead. They never gave up that lead. It got as close as two in the second half, but in about 20 seconds, it was a Wright State three, a CSU turnover and another Wright State basket. "Game over, man, game over!" Five losses in a row have now marred a pretty promising season. 34% shooting by CSU tells the story.

CSU loses, 55-49.

Visitor

22 Across: He came after Jimmy (6 letters) Answer: Ronald

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Scarlett Johansson the new Diane Keaton for Woody? BTW I also have 1 box of Jo-Jo's left but have given up cookies for lent. I might need someone to babysit mine until Easter (so they don't call to me from the cupboard like the devil) but I am not sure you would be a good candidate.

russ said...

Did you park by the fire hydrant? Whenever I go to the game on my pal's season tickets, I try to figure out where Rubber Room sits. I thought I might've parked my Hyundai near him this time.