Monday, December 17, 2007

While contemplating if Michigan is the new West Virginia, and irked because I could tell the guy behind me at Giant Eagle counted my socially acceptable 16 items in the 15-item express lane (4 cans of chicken broth and 3 oranges. Zip it, pal!)...

I arrived home this evening to find a telephone message. Not any old message, but a sign the apocalypse is near. It was Jim Donovan telling me that not only is my Browns playoff invoice in the mail, but if I hurry, I can go online and purchase my playoff tickets quicker.

Making the chances for a repeat of this, even greater:

















Kevin made it to the Browns-Bills game yesterday and snapped this pic from my seats. I should have snapped a view of the game on my TV from my warm couch.

Meal of Links

Is it the death of deep dish pizza? I'm a thin crust person myself. I don't mind cheese, but not a big fan of extra cheese, cheese oozing out of my crust, cheese in place of other items, cheezy bread or anything else the pizza joint has in the way of cheese.

"Duel" starts tonight. It kinda sucks.

I used to not mind Rachael Ray. But those ads for Dunkin', especially the radio spots, are extremely annoying. And I like Dunkin'. It's my favorite place to hang out when I get my car checked.

Car Guy: "Are you waiting?"
Me: "Naw. I'm goin' to Dunkin'."

There's your commercial.

On the Fifth Day of Christmas
"Mr. Heat Miser"/Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

This is the original video from "The Year Without Santa Claus". But with a much better track by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I like when Mr. Heat Miser melts that shovel. Way cool! Favorite Line: "I'm Mister Green Christmas, I'm Mister Sun, I'm Mister Heat Blister, I'm Mister Hundred and One."



Exercise Yard

The horoscope says it's a ton eighty week for everyone. That's because the World Darts Championship has begun.

Visitor

44 Across: Upscale retailer ______ Marcus (6 letters) Answer: Neiman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To add to your express lane spy's dismay you could have waited for the total then remarked "Oh, I think I'll pay with a check" and proceed to fully fill out your draft (bypassing the automated "let the register do it" option).

Or the classic, which happened in front of me in the express line, of the person who forgot their Giant Eagle card and had them call the store office to have her card number looked up so she could get that $6.95 credited towards her free gas.

Both guaranteed to have the line fuming in seconds.