Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Strolling through the dial last night, I realized I'm a little bit late to the latest HBO party. But, you must watch Dave Attell's "Captain Sensible". It's probably what you would expect, but I laughed my ass off for almost every joke. I just love his style.

Here's a clip:



Meal of Links

Donald Fagen writes about Ike Turner. Encompasses the good and the bad.

All about IRAs. Roth vs. Traditional, kind of like Original Recipe vs. Extra Crispy. Buffer on call.

Kate Hudson says she realized her marriage needed help after giving birth or something like that. Hey, why bring in that third party in the first place?

On the Sixth Day of Christmas
"Christmas in Hollis"/Run D.M.C.

A song I look forward to every Christmas. And now in it's 20th anniversary year. Santa and his helper are figuring out whose been naughty or nice. We've got Hollis, Queens; Adidas; ill reindeer; good deeds; Santa, Mom; chicken and collard greens; confetti and streamers; and bad gifts for the gang. Favorite Line: "My name's D.M.C. with the mic in my hand, and I'm chillin' and coolin' just like a snowman. So, open your eyes, lend us a ear, we wanna say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"



Exercise Yard

Last night, it was the McLendon Scholarship Game at Quicken with Ohio State meeting the mighty Cleveland State Vikings. Gale and I were in attendance.

The view:






















Wasn't really much of a game. Ohio State had more height and more speed and the bottom line, they were more athletic and aggressive. CSU was down by only 10 at the half through some sort of miracle, then played an awful three minutes to start half number two. Then it quickly slipped away. CSU loses, 81-63.

The highlight: No question, my Becky Burger with cheese afterward.

The lowlight: Not too much of this, but once was enough. There is an H-I-O beyond this.

















Visitor

23 Across: One of two regular Mad magazine opponents (3 letters) Answer: Spy

No comments: