Sunday, December 16, 2007

There's no report on today's game, because do you actually think I would go in this weather? Naw, I bailed quite early on this one. I am way beyond bragging about attending games like these. It is much better to be sitting inside with my buddy Gus "Ha, ha" Johnson calling the game on a big TV. Hey, we're in HD today!

And what a game that was, huh? The first half we find Phil Dawson drilling low field goals, the 49-yarder quite the unbelievable one. And we got a safety to screw up everyone's squares and make it 8-0 at the half. Hey, maybe Andra Davis should play every game in the snow. Three tackles for loss in the first half was a big WTF? The Bills seemed like they could run the ball at times, but throwing was a disaster for them. The Browns might have done even better in the passing game if Anderson could develop some touch. His fastballs are even harder to catch in the snow.

Second half. More of the same really. Browns protecting the lead. Doing not much of anything. The Bills cannot develop anything in the air. Hey, what's this? Jacksonville beating Pittsburgh? The Browns could be tied with the Steelers if we win and they lose. And it happens! The Bills got way too close for my comfort on their final drive, but it is a huge win for the Browns.

Unbelievably, the Browns are tied with Pittsburgh for the division lead.

Meal of Links

The finale of "Dexter" is this evening. I will miss Lila and am very curious as to how she will meet her inevitable demise.

Since I was home this morning, I got to see Mitt Romney and Fred Thompson on the morning talkers. I thought Romney came off badly on "Meet The Press" and Thompson barely kept me awake on "Face The Nation". Recaps here.

I can't say who, but I know someone who bought a Wii today. And they didn't stalk UPS.

On the Fourth Day of Christmas
"Marshmallow World"/Dean Martin

Dino is singing this on a beach! Must have been a Dean Martin Malibu Christmas special or something. I think that's Dionne Warwick and Freddy Fender around the fire, which at one point seems louder than his vocals. Dino is hamming it up, and there are very few closeups. Lots of canned laughter, because, well, it is just so-o-o-o damn funny. And to make me mad, fireworks are employed at the end. Favorite Line: "And the sun is red, like a pumpkinhead." Feel free to say punkinhead when you are singing along.



Exercise Yard

Andy Pettitte makes it seem like two days of HGH use is like taking an aspirin. Maybe it is, but he seems very concerned about steroid use, almost as if HGH is so foreign that people would cut him slack if he only copped to taking HGH.

Visitor

None, it's a Winter Wonderland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Dino was lipsynching there but he is such a ham that I forgive him. I am just glad that he was able to get up after he knelt in the sand.