Saturday, December 15, 2007

I have a bad habit of playing with those little straws you get, when having a mixed drink. You know, chopping at the ice, stirring it around, etc. Oh yes, I am made fun of. Last night, I was celebrating Christmas a little bit too much at Alesci's and ended up with 41 in my drink at one time. Then more were added as I turned away (the old "look over there" tactic) for a total of 75. Can't believe I fell for it.

I am an idiot.

Meal of Links

Check out these trees. Some of them are huge.

Rolling Stone rolls out the Top 100 Songs of 2007. They had "Icky Thump" at 18, puh-leeze. Easily Top 5. Most of the usual suspects are here. And, of course, tons of songs you've never heard.

Ike Turner's current wife asks Tina to finally forgive Ike. Out on a limb here, but I'm gonna guess that will never happen.

On the Third Day of Christmas
"Merry Christmas Baby"/Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band

It's The Boss and the band on the Conan O'Brien show. It's awfully crowded on the stage with both bands in tow. Clarence is standing (how old is this?). Conan (with guitar) is dwarfing Nils on the left side of the stage. Santa has presents for Max and Conan. Favorite line: "Well, Santa come down the chimney, half past three, with lots of nice little presents for my baby and me."



Exercise Yard

What an unusual Christmas gift. A large photomural of Jacobs Field. Where would you put it?

Visitor

38 Down: New York Times critic Janet (6 letters) Answer: Maslin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the video - classic Bruce. The only thing missing was him swapping spit with Lil' Steven, who looked nice in his advent purple suit. BTW, if you are thinking of getting me that Indians recliner, I really don't have room. - gapag ; )