Wednesday, October 10, 2007

This time of year, it's always a fun Wednesday because it's Octoberfest at the Happy Dog. And that means Polka DJ time combined with shrimp specials. Yes!!! My Dad really enjoys the polka and once again figured out "Blue Eyes Cryin' In The Rain", so I try to get him down there for this event. And my brother and niece were there, as well. Lydia got to color a cow placemat. I was supposed to help, but never got the opportunity. Sadly, there were not that many people there.

(Side note: Radiohead's record dropped today. I really like the song, "Jigsaw Falling Into Place". Not a polka.)

Anyhow, all the favorites were played and DJ Kiska is kinda funny as it's "Go Time!" before most songs. He always plays the "Smoky Time Polka", a medley so he can grab a smoke. I also discovered he drinks Old Grand-Dad, which transformed him into mildly tipsy Polka DJ. When we left, he was determining the "12 Commandments of the Polka" because he spun a record that had the initials "J.C." on it. Yes, Jesus owned that record. So, right before my eyes, I could see the power of that demon rum. As I always say, you can't help but have a good time when the polkas are playing in the background.

Meal of Links

Why we curse. Shit, it's a long read, but fucking worth it.

It's the fifty best breasts in film. Scarlett's in there.

Speaking of cursing, WTF? The Masters goes to ESPN for the first two rounds. By God, if Berman is involved, I'll curse. Lots.

Exercise Yard

The hole-in-one lady is finally debunked. Dave Kindred uncovers the truth for Golf Digest.
















Be sure to catch Ryan Garko's blog on Indians.com. He mentions his appearance on Jim Rome's show earlier today.

Visitor

22 Down: President when Texas was annexed (4 letters) Answer: Polk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here here for Uschi and Monica Bellucci.Loved your line about Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's accordian.Don't forget Thou shalt czardascz.---------JMK