Tuesday, October 09, 2007

With the Indians off today, I was able to catch up on two of my favorite shows. On "Curb Your Enthusiasm", somehow Larry David became John McEnroe's limo driver, Charlie ("Hey Mac, I'm shitfaced!"), and had to take him to a Paul McCartney concert. Unfortunately, Heather Mills took a "freak" comment personally. And all hell breaks loose. I laughed at this one a lot.



And the serial killer, "Dexter", got his mojo back and killed someone. However, no bowling this week.

Meal of Links

We probably have all had some of these warning signs. Seems harmless until you actually read what they mean.

Another Joy Division article.

Mark Cuban has been blogging about "Dancing With The Stars". Cubes is always entertaining. I hope he buys the Cubs.

Exercise Yard

























The Indians disposed of the Yankees last night. The .444 series average with RISP and 2 outs was unbelievable. Toss out Pettitte's game and that average is astronomical. Two so-so starts resulting in a win, an epic extra inning affair, very good bullpen work (even with Jobo), that RISP hitting, and getting early leads in three of the games all helped the cause in a big way.

Boston looms and their fan base is nuttier than the Yankees. But I think we match up real well and I am confident we will win this series. I see Dice-K gets Game 3 here. I would have thought they would have thrown him at Fenway. But it's Beckett, Schilling, Dice-K and perhaps the return of Wakefield for them. And we'll go with the same slate we used against the Yankees.















Finally, Suzyn Waldman, the Yankees broadcaster, was at it again. Not a good year for her especially after that godawful Roger Clemens return audio. Well, she cried on the air after the Indians won Game 4. (There is audio). I don't know if it's right or wrong, but it's very uncomfortable coming from a reporter. I listened to Waldman on XM during Game 3 and she referred to Joba Chamberlain being "attacked by locusts" on Friday. Just a bit over the top.

Visitor

41 Across: "The A-Team" costar (3 letters) Answer: Mr. T ("I pity the fool who doesn't eat my cereal.")

No comments: