Thursday, October 11, 2007

Have you been to a Discount Drug Mart lately? I may not have been in one this century. Tonight, I took a walk to the one closest to me. It rained on the way there a little bit. It rained a lot on the way back. I got wet. I cursed.

Anyhow, it'll save you the runaround, but I've decided that weirdos shop there. I can't think of any other word, these people are weird. I was in the candy aisle. I have no idea why. I end up staring at some Junior Mints. Well, they really weren't Junior Mints. These Junior Mints were mint on the outside with chocolate on the inside. I was fascinated by them. That's not weird, but it definitely got my attention, as well as three little boxes of the regular Junior Mints for 99 cents and I wasn't gonna buy either product. Just then, an old woman comes around the corner and stops. She won't cross between me and the Junior Mints. WTF? Just go. I was gonna wait her out, but I decided it was too creepy. She didn't move until I moved closer to the Junior Mints. And then I got the hell out of that aisle.

Later on, I see this youth come strolling toward the pharmacy. He asks the pharmacist if they had any electric blankets. Some joker who was waiting for his silly pill refill tells the kid, "Hey, you can have your girlfriend over and then you can plug in it." I'm not sure what that means. Oh, it can go several directions, but the guy who said it was thinking of the most obscure meaning, I'm sure. Anyhow, the youth didn't even acknowledge him.

Hey, I don't mind being with the great unwashed, but I don't think I'm going to revisit this place.

Meal of Links

Does anyone watch TV Land with any regularity? Well, you can now ignore full-length episodes on TVLand.com. OK, maybe I'll watch a Jed Clampett or an Andy. Definitely the "Happy Days" holiday episodes, if offered.

Feeling pretty good today? Then don't read about death. Hey, drowning can be surprisingly swift. Hey, how 'bout that? Heart attacks, bleeding to death and even hanging are also addressed.

I think Fred Thompson's a good guy. But he also is a rich guy. That Sanford and Son pickup fools no one.

Exercise Yard

Even though hockey has been passed by NASCAR as the fourth major sport, the Stanley Cup remains the most coveted of the sports trophies. Mainly, because hockey still rivals baseball for its long-standing traditions and the fact that each player gets his name on the trophy and gets to keep the actual trophy for a day and do whatever they want with it.












Follow the Stanley Cup during its summer vacation with the Anaheim Ducks.

Visitor

73 Across: Dutch painter of "The Cat Family" (5 letters) Answer: Steen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the old woman had a blog I'd like to read what she was thinking about you.... "I go down an aisle and this weirdo is just standing there staring at Junior Mints. He looked like a crazy homeless guy. He just stood there drooling and was all wet from walking the streets. I didn't want to cross his path because I was afraid of what he would do if I got between him and his object of fixation. Heck, weiros will shoot you if you just look at them! I just waited until he moved on." PFS

Anonymous said...

You may laugh but I am currently reading a book titled Last Exits .It is about all of the ways people have died --------- JMK