Saturday, August 04, 2007

Today, my Dad and I took in the Tribe game at Art's Pub. We were joined by Ron, Lisa and Gale to see the Indians lose, 3-2. Gee, they have good food there, and I went with the Cajun Burger.

I think the Tribe actually hit the ball prety well today, but had a tough time getting the big hit. Casey Blake, for instance, hit a big drive to the wall for a scrifice fly with the bases loaded. It appeared if that fell in, we would have cleared the bases, and probably romped. But no, Cuddyer caught it and we didn't score the rest of the way. Indians left 10 men on, and the Twins bullpen threw 5 shutout innings.

Looks like we will yo-yo with the Tigers for a while.

Meal of Links

Last night, I was able to get my eggplant on at Lure Bistro. Per Best Friend's suggestion, we headed outdoors to the patio out there. I really like eggplant. It made me long again for Giovanna's when it was on Clifton, as they are the same owners. Oddly enough, our waitress had some combination "American Idol" and Ben Franklin fixation that was somehow alternatively charming and startling at the same time.

OK, if you've followed the history of "Twin Peaks" since it went off the air, you know DVDs have been a long time coming. But it appears someone has finally got it right with a version that includes the American pilot and the European version. Oh, and David Lynch is involved.

NBC tried to "Catch a Hacker" at DEFCON. It didn't work.

Exercise Yard

Could it be? The return of El Guapo.

And, oh yeah, Bonds hit 755.

Visitor

16 Across: Explorer of the Southwest (8 letters) Answer: Coronado

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't look now but here come the Yankees and I don't mean the weekend series at Jacobs Field------------------------------------JMK