Friday, August 17, 2007

Last night, my brother had strange stuff happening in his neighborhood. On Biddulph during rush hour, someone went really fast, then really fast out of control and sheared off a telephone pole. Then while I was visiting, someone's garage, a few houses down, caught on fire. We got to see the fire department spring into action and start the hydrant. No one injured, dog was saved, don't know the damage.

This a.m., I took my car to get serviced today by the fine folks at Sunnyside Scion. But with it being a big maintenance check, I have to stay at home, because it takes a while to do. Of course, then I have to take care of all of the add-ons I needed fixed, like plugs, belts, brake light, wiper refills, etc. That adds to an already big bill. Ugh!

So, I get to spend some time at home and catch up on who might be casing the joint during the day, who's lurking for my paper, how late does the postman actually get here these days, seeing if there is truly a cocaine shortage in town, that sort of thing. Thus far, it is relatively quiet, but seems warmer than expected.

Meal of Links

The folks at Dunder Mifflin now have a website. I laughed the other day when I found out a potential client's name was Creed. You can buy stuff, too, at the site.

The art of haggling. Even for hot dogs. Cleveland just waits for Dollar Hot Dog Night. And Fireworks. If they ever had Dollar Hot Dog Night and Fireworks on the same day, the traffic jam would be of epic proportions.

Storm Cat may not be the stud he once was. But he still "performed his duties enthusiastically" this year. As Harry Caray would say, "Hay!".

Exercise Yard

Another gem from Fox Sports. You know, Fox Sports, the network that covers baseball as if it wishes it were home doing something else, like watching Brad Garrett's awful show. In fairness, the Fox Instant Poll jingle is my ringtone. Anyhow, they have set their sights on covering the Super Bowl differently.

That's right. Ryan Seacrest Out will host the pregame and halftime festivities. There will be some sort of faux (maybe actual?) red carpet for arriving celebrities. Hey, we expect that at awards ceremonies for Hollywood, but there's nothing that kills the true sports fan than suffering through some actor getting special treatment at a sporting event. Even if they like sports. If Brad Garrett is still on the air, I bet he will be on the carpet saying how thrilled he is to be at the game. Hopefully, someone starts tailgating early that day and goes on the air.

Visitor

21 Across: "Out Here All Night" rock group (6 letters) Answer: Damone (I guess no one can get Singer Vic ______ )

No comments: