Monday, August 27, 2007

"It's not a habit
It's cool, I feel alive
If you don't have it
you're on the other side
I'm not an addict (Maybe that's a lie)"

And so my week at Jacobs Field begins. I had scored some tickets in Section 157. The men in my family visited the old ballyard to see the Indians "Mary Kate and Ashley" Minnesota, 8-3. I had to get my Dad down there before his cataract surgery later this week. The highlight had to be the triple play the Tribe pulled off in the 7th inning. Rafael Perez showed up on the mound after two Twins got on. Tough jam with no one out.

Just then, Mike Redmond hits a hot grounder to third. Casey Blake, sensing history, steps on the third base bag for one out. He whips a throw to Asdrubal Cabrera at second for out number two.
















Then Cabrera (channeling Ronnie Belliard on a pivot) fires over to Victor Martinez, doing his best Ryan Garko imitation, for the third out. It beats Redmond by a step. The place goes nuts!

























Or were those the peanuts my Dad brought in? Anyhow, the Tribe was never threatened and we have a chance, finally, to put the Twins out of their misery this week.

Meal of Links

Be sure to catch Christopher Hitchens on C-Span's Book TV (C-Span 2), Sunday, September 2 at Noon. He's on for three hours. Always an interesting time and this time he'll be talking about religion.

It saddens me that Owen Wilson tried to kill himself. The Wilson Brothers are really funny.

A 4-door Porsche.

Exercise Yard

Michael Vick must know this: "Nobody fucks with the Jesus."

Bad early joke:

"How will Michael Vick find it in jail?"
"Ruff."

The New York Football Giants. Look for them on SoapNet this year.

Visitor

20 Across: Christina Crawford memoir (13 letters) Answer: Mommie Dearest

No comments: