Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm writing through this through a fog of Kevin pours, but I was at the Tribe game for Game 2 of TWIB (This Week in Baseball). My friend Chuck and I took our seats in Section 163 to watch the Indians win, 6-5. No celebrity look-alikes tonight. Last night was full of folks like Fred Funk, Kenny Rogers (the singer) and Jurgen Prochnow. Tonight was just standard, garden variety fan.

The game itself had lots of ups and downs. The Indians went up 3-0 on the strength of a Hafner homer. The Twins caught up and tied it. The Indians went ahead, eventually getting two runs in the eighth to go up 6-3. Which proved to be important because Joe Borowski came on the ninth. Homer by Buscher (Remember Homer Bush? I always liked his nickname, Misnomer Bush.) made it 6-4. Another run came across before Borowski got Justin Morneau looking for strike three. We win!

I actually ordered nachos tonight. Huh? What was that all about? They were good, but I didn't finish them. That wasn't the highlight, however. Two outstanding defensive plays turned in by the Minnesota nine were. Nick Punto barehanded a ball in short centerfield to throw out Ryan Garko, who probably cursed how slow he was, all the way back to the dugout. It shows the genius of whoever decided the bases should be 90 feet apart. Later on, Torii (Tore-eye-eye-eye-eye-eye) Hunter robbed Casey Blake (that guy again) on a deep ball to center. Hunter crashing into the wall to make the catch. Big time stuff.































But with the loss tonight, the Twins are now on life support.

Meal of Links

Obviously, I'm known for my expert swimming. Especially in parts unknown. But I don't mind bubble baths. But, this is ridiculous. I would be very confused. Is it the ocean?...a tub?...God help me.

Mother Jones currently has an informative series on Katrina. BTW, if you get a chance, read "1 Dead in Attic: After Katrina" by Chris Rose. It's out in paperback and I heard him in an interview recently. His writings about the Cat Lady will rip you up.

65 Must-See Films at the Toronto Film Festival. The Dylan movie, of course. My good friend, George Clooney, is in "Michael Clayton". A doc, "Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who". Wonder what that's about. Trust me, I will hunt that one down locally. "Battle in Seattle" amongst others. A strong lineup. Remember, this festival got the "Borat" steamroller started.

Exercise Yard

Here's how Tim Couch was able to make his comeback. Crazy little thing called steroids.

Visitor

52 Down: NBC sportscaster Bob (6 letters) Answer: Costas

No comments: