Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I had an odd morning this a.m. First of all, there is something that dug a hole in my backyard. A sort of conical dig. OK, it’s not like a dinosaur was back there, but it’s a hole big enough that if you weren’t paying attention and stepped into it, you would probably be rolling around on the ground. I didn’t do that, but I don’t need anyone from the critter community suing me. We have a pact!

Man, those nachos last night. If I were a band, I’d be these guys.

Then, as I’m driving, I notice a guy in front of me who looks suspiciously like Edward Burns in front of me. Now, why would Edward Burns be driving a beat up Chevy Cavalier on I-480 this morning? I don’t know, but he drove like I think Edward Burns would drive. Not paying attention, then all of a sudden gettin' all aggressive and causing lane mayhem.

Of course, I had the XM on. It seems they have rediscovered catalogs from The Jam, Elvis Costello’s older stuff, and Robyn Hitchcock. They actually played “The Man with the Lightbulb Head” when Robyn had the Egyptians. “I'm the man with the lightbulb head, I turn myself on in the dark.” Tee hee.

Meal of Links

Today's primer, children, is on how to solicit gay bathroom sex. Really, who knew all this stuff? I thought people went to the corner stall when they had to make The Art of Noise! Here we find out, you go there and wait for some guy to start doing a Bojangles routine next to your stall, lots of tapping and hand waving. "I have a wide stance." Are you kidding me? "Hey, Donald O'Connor, you are not my sunshine, kapish? I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket." And think of that poor cop who has to sit in that stall when legitimate shitters arrive after a long flight. Talk about hazard pay, sheesh!

Here are the Worst Jobs in Rock and Roll. Pete Doherty's lawyer, ha ha.

Mmmm...cookies! Ugh...walnuts.

Exercise Yard

Tonight was another episode in the series, "My Dinner With Wedgie", as I attended the Tribe game this evening. The Indians won, 4-3. I was in 157 with Nomar Stalker and his Dad. They treated me nice and bought me a cookie.

The game itself was a rather weak affair, but it matched two of the better pitchers in the league, Sabathia and Santana. The Indians jumped all over Johan Santana for 4 runs in the first, then stopped scoring. The Twins crawled back into it with three runs, but never tied it up. The Indians are on a roll once again and, dare I say, are making a major move toward the playoffs. I am declaring for the last time this season: The Twins are done, Bobby Hill, stick a fork in them.

Visitor

21 Across: Jessica of "Dark Angel" (4 letters) Answer: Alba

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree - love cookies without nuts. I think there are too many nuts around town to have them in my cookies, brownies or fudge.