Saturday, April 28, 2007

Yeah, it's this guy again.






















Since it's the day of the NFL Draft, where to go, but Paul's? It's the annual ritual where the Browns select their next subjects to torment me. I, once again, took heat for saying I think Jessica Simpson is so stupid, I wouldn't have sex with her. Although I thought my best line was regarding "National Bingo Night". My brother said this was on ABC in a few weeks. My question was, "Do we get to play?". He said we could play along at home. I said that was good. Paul suggested, "Maybe you could get that machine at home. Put your balls in a cage and spin them around." I said, "I don't need Bingo to do that."

But the phrase you will hear about the Browns for the next couple of years is "a steep price to pay". You see, we picked Joe Thomas at number three. I'm sensing this is as solid a pick as they could have made. A left tackle for God's sake. Last time they took a first round tackle was Bob McKay...in 1970! Then Brady Quinn, the Notre Dame QB, kept dropping and dropping and dropped some more. STO was supposed to have a Phil Savage presser after the first pick, but we noticed he wasn't coming on. Then we figured out, hey, he must be trying to trade up to get Quinn. He finally found a dance partner with Dallas at number 22. But we had to give them next year's number one pick. Uh-oh. We certainly overpaid with the pick, but saved cap space getting Quinn that low. Last year's #22 signed for five years, $8.5 million. Overall, to get Thomas and Quinn was a coup for the organization, but they must win immediately.

The Browns also picked a guy with the dreaded "character issues", Eric Wright from UNLV. A corner they desperately needed. Draft grade at this moment: A. Good day to be a Browns fan. So much so, their website died.

The strange thing about today was GM Phil Savage sounding in Paul's words, "delirious". He appeared to be a guy who was not too happy with his job. He went on an unprovoked rant about JaMarcus Russell and how unfair media types were to him. Huh? The guy was still picked at number one and to be honest, I never thought the media was that harsh on him. I know Savage has known Russell for a while, but he seemed to talk more about him, than our other picks. Sheesh. He also commented about a lack of a first-rounder next year, and said that he deserved "some time off". What? It sounded to me like the pressure has got to the guy.

Meal of Links

Speaking of balls, I mean, you see this headline, you have to read the story, right? Good TMZ.

Hey, a DC sex scandal. A Sweeps Month special.

Should this guy be our next President? It'll never happen.

Exercise Yard

Paul Silas will be interviewing for the Charlotte Bobcats coaching job next week. He'll probably be seeing you next Tuesday.

Visitor

48 Down: Pitching great Carlton (5 letters) Answer: Steve

No comments: