Sunday, April 29, 2007

I had a fun weekend. Our friends, Mr. Mix and his wife, came up from Nashville. So, we spent the evening downtown doing, uh, I think it's called drinking. That was a marathon of fun.

Yesterday was the NFL Draft, so that took up most of the day. It was a rather odd start, because in the morning, my neighborhood was taken over by folks who wanted to see the Fulton Road Bridge implode. No kidding. 7:00 and there are people grabbing every available parking spot on my street and the surrounding side streets. Lots of traffic. I had to leave at 8:00, the scheduled implosion time. I found out later and was rather amused that they had problems blowing up the damn thing. Most of it, was still standing later in the day. I think Round Two is later this week.

I felt somewhat vindicated to read, for all the accompanying hubbub last year, that Cleveland hardly rates any frames in the new "Spiderman 3" movie. With all of the CG out there and no stars in town, I could not understand how "Hicksville" this place became last year. Never understood it. People thought they were gonna be in it, the city would be recognized, etc. Amazing.

Meal of Links

The Steelers have a mascot. Please, Randy Lerner, do not get any ideas. Oh, I know we have those stupid dogs down there like "Huddles", but they ain't no mascot of mine.

Two things that are worth watching. One is the current Bill Moyers program on PBS. Great look at the media and the run-up to the war. The other (and I'm a little late with this one) is the HBO special where they give an award to Jerry Seinfeld. Lots of funny stuff there.

The LA Times has a blog on the Phil Spector trial. Phil apparently likes firearms.

Exercise Yard

I don't know crap about cricket. But I do know the recently concluded Cricket World Cup was a disaster.

Visitor

None, it was a sunny Sunday.

No comments: